Shirley and I had a great time at Vision Expo East and I have to say, it was probably the best Vision Expo East Show in the last 15 years. As a person who has been on both sides of the carpet, (exhibitor and press) it really struck me on this trip how we don’t honor the vendors who exhibit on the show floor. So I am extending a big Thank You to every single vendor who exhibited on the show floor. If you have the time, go to the Vision Expo Site and either call or email the vendors who are on the show floor a special thank you, whether you do business with them or not.
Vision Expo Show Floor vendors spend thousands of dollars just to get to New York, thousands of dollars to stay in New York and thousands of dollars just in booth set up. All for to help bring eyecare professionals great education, networking and a trade show event. They could go off site for a lot less money, but instead they choose to support The Vision Council, REED and the attendees. I say Thank You for doing that.
No doubt, that Vision Expo (a joint venture with Reed and VCA) makes money as well it should, that money is spent for the well being of eye care professionals. FREE education, free information, free stats, free UV apps, free advertising, free eyecessorize blog, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, things like the Sun Alliance, the Opticianry Summit all are to further the education of the consumer to support the eyecare professional.What more could you want?
If you have not done this lately, please check out The Vision Council website. Check out their free and low cost marketing supplies, subscribe to the FREE Eyecessorize blogs for products you can post on Facebook or Twitter. See what they provide to the consumer and you can use as well.
- Spring 2012 Eyewear and Sunglasses Trends Visit eyecessorize.com to view this season’s must-have frames and learn more about the hottest trends for men and women.
- Bureau of Missing Sunglasses The Vision Council has unveiled missingsunglasses.com, a fun and useful new site about the importance of keeping your sunglasses handy! Very Cool!
- Every day, approximately 2,000 U.S. workers receive some form of medical treatment for eye injuries related to or sustained at work. The Vision Council has issued a new report, Eye Safety At-a-Glance: Protecting Your Vision at Work (PDF, 337 KB), which examines the impact of vision problems in the workplace.
- lens guide can help you and your eye care professional select the best lenses for your lifestyle.
- Like Eyecessorize on Facebook or follow the blog to find out what your favorite celebrities are wearing, test your fashion eye-q and see the latest eyewear trends! You can also browse through all of the latest styles at The Vision Council’s eyewear lifestyle source — www.eyecessorize.com.
- Want to prevent or slow vision loss? The best way to accomplish this is with early detection through regular eye exams. Check out these warning signs of eye problems and vision problems in adults and children.
All of this is because of those Vendors who are members of the Vision Council and those vendors who exhibit on the show floor.
We thank them, as well as the Vision Council, Vision Expo attendees for having a great show and providing a venue in which we can learn and grow!
- Looking to Save Money – Vision Expo East 2010
- Win A Trip To Vision Expo East or GET a Pair of emPower!
- Share Your Story to Win 3 FREE Vision Expo Hotel Nights
- Swag, Steals And Deals At Vision Expo West 2011
- Vision Expo West 2011 – $50 Winners