November 15th is America Recycles Day. A Day in which to bring attention and motivate people to recycle. Eyecare professionals are in a unique position to help the world globally to see by encouraging patients to recycle their lenses, readers and eyewear to organizations like the Lions Club. I think we all know how important Vision Charities are.
Eyecare professionals can run Recycling Days anytime. You can do events such as Recycling Cell Phones to help soldiers, you can do events such as an Eyeglass Drive for Lions Club. You can even hook up with Terracycle to recycle items like candy wrappers all to donate to a cause of your choice.
Because HOYA is running a recycle and reuse Holiday Ornament contest, we thought we could give you some ideas on how to reuse optical lenses. More ideas are available on our Pinterest Board and or our D-Eye-Y Board.
Our top pics for recycling and or reusing optical lenses.
- Eyeglass Recycling – Greening Your Optical Business
- Upcycled Eyewear Chandelier From ClearVision Optical
- Win Free Lenses From Hoya In San Diego and Los Angeles- Recycled Lens Contest
- A&A Optical Celebrates America Recycles Day
- 33+ Ways To Reuse Eyeglass Cases – Opportunities For Eyecare Professsionals