Last year Shirley had a friend who ordered marijuana online and received instead synthetic pot, which landed her in the hospital for 60 days. With deaths arising from fake pot, the growth of Stoner States.. is legalizing Marijuana a good or a bad thing?
- Marijuana is the most commonly used illicit drug (22.2 million past-month users) according to the 2014 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH).
- 2015, 11.8%of 8th-graders reported marijuana use in the past year with 6.5 % were current users.
- 2015- 25.4% of 10th-graders had used marijuana in the past year and 14.8 % were current users.
- 34.9 % of 12th-graders had used marijuana during the year prior to the survey and 21.3% were current users; 6.0 percent said they used marijuana daily or near-daily
- 2011, nearly 456,000 drug-related emergency department visits in the United States in which marijuana use was mentioned in the medical record (a 21% increase over 2009)
- 2011- 28,531 emergency room rooms visits in synthetic cannabiboids (Source: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration)
As we all know the eyes are the windows to our soul and health and drugs. Here is a descriptive ‘Language of Eyes’ on Drugs infographic that unfortunately many of us have seen.
- Drug Abuse (Source)
- Up In Smoke: A Timeline of Marijuana in the USAa
- 17 Stoner States
- Synthetic Marijuana is a Weird and Confusing Drug