National Lash Day is February 19 of every year. The day was first started to promote the use of false eyelashes but today we are going to celebrate eyelash eyewear as fake eyelashes can damage your sight. Eyelashes keep dirt and other stuff out of the eye as well as moisturize the eye. False eyelashes do not help in keeping out debris and in keeping the eyes moist. You may blink less with false eyelashes.
- 1 to 5 eyelashes fall out daily.
- The average length eyelashes grow to is 10mm
- Women Blink Twice as Much as Men
- In an average human life they will shed over 98 Feet of Eye Lashes.
- Eyelashes have an average life span of 5 months.
- The Longest eyelash (that we know) was 6.99 centimeters long and goes to Stuart Muller of Florida.
- Madonna wore mink and diamond eyelashes in 2009. Cost $10,000
Women have been batting their eyes for…ever with eyelash adornments found in ancient Egypt. The first ‘eyelash eyewear’ we could find was in 1950. Museo Dellottica also showcases a Eyelash Look.
Better be safe than sorry, so if you are yearning for that long lash look, make your own.