Quite awhile ago, we did a post on Eyeglasses for chickens, did you know their are contact Lenses for chickens? Apparently this is quite a controversy. Apparently the color RED makes chickens less aggressive and they eat less. Now they could go about their business of … instead of fighting and eat less food.
In 1960 a farmer, Irvin Wise found out though a salesman that chickens that have cataracts behaved better than other chickens. Old Irvin tried to design contact lenses for chickens which didn’t work. But his son Randall E, after a successful career decided to pursue his father’s dream of contact lens for chickens, which came on the market in 1989 for 20 cents a pair.
The controversy comes from
1.) Increase in eye infections in chicken eyes
2.) Abnormal behavior in chickens
3.) Inability to close eyes
- Useless Information
- UPC online- Article on effects of Red contact lenses on Chickens
- Color Matters:
- Red Contact Lens For ChickensL A Benighted Concept.
- History Of Eye Exercises: Vintage Vision Therapy Inventions
- Shades Of Canopies And Awnings
- Bat’s Blood And Pigs Eyes Ancient Cures For Eye Infections + Blindness In Egypt
- The History Of Presidents Eyewear
- 10 Visual Aids Of The Past To Help You See Better