When the average person thinks about Corning, glass and dishes are usually the first things that come to mind. Strength and durability might be the words synonymous with these Corning products. As Corning has been in business for 150 years, brand awareness and trust in the Corning brand name is really high.
Optical professionals will probably be most familiar with Corning’s SunSensor photochromatic lenses , photochromic lenses, and Gorilla Glass. We are happy to welcome Corning as our newest Sponsor and to the Optical Vision Site.com.
The Corning sunglass lens selection is impressive:
SunSensor Photochromatic lenses are available Worldwide in many lens designs, (including free-form) and materials.
Some more information about Corning that you might not be so familiar with:
Corning is also noted for their technological advances in five key areas:
- Display Technologies – glass substrates for LCD flat panel televisions, computer monitors, laptops, and other consumer electronics
- Environmental Technologies – ceramic substrates and filters for mobile emission control systems
- Telecommunications – optical fiber, cable, and hardware and equipment for telephone and Internet communication networks
- Life Sciences – optical biosensors for drug discovery
- Specialty Materials – advanced optics and specialty glass solutions for a number of industries
- Custom Eyewear Using Glass Lenses…… Yes Premium Glass Lenses
- Not Your Dad’s Photochromic Eyeglasses
- Super Systems Introduces Conversion ‘Clear N Dark’ PhotoChromic Lenses
- BluTech® Lenses x HOYA – Independent Eye Care – Blue Light Solutions
- HOYA’s RECHARGE EX3 Offers Patients Improved Blue Light Filter