RAMSEY, Minn. (April 15, 2013) – Vision-Ease Lens (VEL) introduces the new Novel and Novella conventional front side progressives, whose advanced technology makes them as good as or better than many backside digital progressives across 80 percent of the Rx range. The vast majority of customers rely on conventional PAL technology, and these new PAL offerings provide them with the most advanced technology on the market.
“The Novel and Novella lenses’ iterative design process was driven by feedback from extensive wearer trials,” said Scott Schaller, VEL worldwide vice president of sales and marketing. “These trials went beyond lens maps and calculations; they took into account real-life wearer comfort in a wide variety of visual tasks and incorporated feedback for maximum performance and patient comfort. As a result, Novel and Novella lenses were optimized for smoothness and softness, the foremost factors in progressive lens comfort.”
The Novel general purpose lens has a 13 mm corridor and a 16.5 mm minimum fitting height, making it ideal for the broadest range of wearers and frame styles. Immediate polycarbonate availability includes clear, LifeRx photochromic and Coppertone polarized treatments. The company plans to release the new Novel design in plastic, including clear and photochromic, later this year.
With an 11 mm corridor and a 14 mm minimum fitting height, Novella lenses are the softest design available for smaller frame styles. New polycarbonate availability includes clear and LifeRx photochromic. Novella plastic will be released in clear and photochromic later this year.
Sharing a common design philosophy, Novel and Novella are part of a new family of progressive lenses called the Anthology Series. Characteristics include:
- Wearer-validated, balanced designs
- Optimal viewing area placement for natural head and eye movement
- Corridor inset that varies by base curve for comfortable convergence and wide intermediate and near binocular viewing
- Diamond-turned metal tooling in the polycarbonate lines for precise design replication
For complete product specifications, visit www.vision-ease.com.
About Vision-Ease Lens
Headquartered in Ramsey, Minn., Vision-Ease Lens is a manufacturer of quality ophthalmic lenses including LifeRx® light-responsive lenses, Coppertone® polarized lenses, SunRx® polarized lenses, and Illumina® progressive line-free lenses. Vision-Ease Lens products are sold through independent opticians, optometrists and ophthalmologists, as well as many retail chains and dispensing markets across the country. For more information about Vision-Ease Lens and its products, visit www.vision-ease.com.
- Vision-Ease Lens Rewards Eye Care Professionals “In Search of Progressive Cash”
- Vision-Ease Lens Launches ChangeRx Photochromic Lenses
- Vision-Ease Lens Introduces New, Versatile Advanta™ FSV
- Vision-Ease Lens Introduces New Photochromatics
- Vision-Ease Lens Renews Coppertone Polarized Lens Contract with MSD Consumer Care