Vision Service Plan announced Plan changes for VSP Optical Providers effective from July 1, 2009. These changes effect competitive product and reimbursement changes include:
- Eliminating the frame case payment
- Eliminating the patient supplied frame dispensing fee
- Increasing Value Added Discounts for Signature Plan patients to 30% only on non-covered glasses purchased on the same day as their eye exam.
- Enhancing the Contact Lens Care Program by expanding the list of approved contacts and implementing tiered pricing.
- Creating Choice patient option cost controls on several of the most popular options, including progressives and anti-reflective coatings.
- Reducing Choice exam and material dispensing reimbursements.
Communications were sent to all practices today May 1, 2009 with information about the changes. For more information go to VSP’s web site.