Pizza is one of America’s favorite food and with February 9 as National Pizza Pie Day and October is National Pizza Month… well it gives us a great excuse to indulge and celebrate one of the worlds best loved food.
I could go on and on on how to market for this event and try to make up some eye healthy stuff, but what is the point of that? Pizza is fattening? If you are going to eat pizza, go all in, why not. That said, we really liked what Dr. Silverstein did for pizza.
In reality this is day to have fun with both staff and patients. Have thin crust, pepperoni, sausage and mushroom from your local pizzeria without guilt on this one day.
- 46 slices of pizza a year is what the average American Eats. (source: Packaged Facts, New York)
- 3 Billion Pizzas are sold every year with annual sales of $32 Billion.
- 36% of all Pizza orders feature Pepperoni using about 252 Million pounds of Pepperoni.
- 65% of the Pizzerias in the USA are independent. Around 70,000 Pizzerias in the USA. Pizza Hut is the largest seller of Pizza and Dominos delivers the most pizza around the world.
- Per capita, Iowa has the most pizza stores per person, with 4.13 per 10,000 residents. Mississippi has the lowest, with only 2.41 per 10,000 people
- 61% of the American population prefer regular thin crust pizza. 11% choose extra thin.
- Pizza is the number two item in take-out food, after chicken.
After all that, here our our top 8 pics for Pizza Shades for the year.