Did you know that the week of April 16- 22nd was Standing Tall Week? As someone who is almost 6 feet tall it is nice to have a whole week devoted to tall people. It got me to thinking why not have a trunk show or an event targeted pacifically for Tall people.
According to The Long and Tall of It
- TALL WOMEN EARN MORE MONEY: In The Tall Book: A Celebration of Life from on High, author Arianne Cohen reports that tall people make approximately $789 more per inch per year than their shorter counterparts.
- According to a survey done in 2012 by Wakefield Research for Long Tall Sally, more than half of women shorter than 5’8” wish they were taller. 94% of shorter women think there are benefits to being tall; the top one cited as the ability to reach things (71%). Looking like a model in clothing and being able to see over everyone else also were noted.
- Shorter women describe their tall counterparts as stylish (37%), graceful (36%) and beautiful (35%), according to the “Stand Tall Survey” by Wakefield Research.
- Long Tall Sally’s 2012 survey found that tall women most want to get rid of the notion that they can’t wear heels (29%) or have to play basketball or volleyball (also 29%). 26% of tall women would most like to dispel the cliché that tall ladies can’t date shorter guys.
- 92% of tall women have faced issues with clothing and proper fit. More than a third of tall women find that their long legs are the most challenging body part when it comes to shopping for apparel. Pants that are too short (59%) and a pant rise that doesn’t fit correctly (50%) are the two most common issues tall women face when shopping, with sleeve length coming in third (44%).
I don’t know if all of the above is true, but I do know this, it is always difficult to shop and find clothing that fits. Ergo this post:
As a tall person, any event that is dedicated to tall people I would attend. Which is why a Standing Tall Trunk Show might work. Men, Women and Tweens could benefit from exclusive shopping just for them. How many times have you searched for temple lengths longer than 170 mm, fashionable frames to fit a 70 PD? Tall Tweens get razzed on so much, why not build their self esteem by celebrating height.
- Ask a make-up specialist to come in to for a makeover with eyewear
- Contact local basketball teams for a special times (talk about eye-safety on the court)
- Contact a ‘personal shopper’ to come in to consult on dressing for success.
- Tall people may have back pains- contact local chiropractor to come in and consult on back health and ergonomics
Tall Trivia According to Wikipedia
- The tallest living man is Sultan Kösen of Turkey, at 2.51 m (8 ft 3 in).
- The tallest man in modern history was Robert Pershing Wadlow (1918–1940), from Illinois, in the United States, who was 2.72 m (8 ft 11 in) at the time of his death.
- Yao Defen of China is the tallest living woman in the world at 2.33 m (7 ft 7 1⁄2 in), as confirmed by Guinness World Records in 2010.
- The tallest female in medical history was Zeng Jinlian of Hunan, China, who stood 2.48 m (8 ft 1 1⁄2 in) when she died at the age of 17
- Tall Women - Resource for women over 5’10
- Long Shot Apparel- Clothing for Tall Men
- The Tall Street Journal - Resources for Tall Men and Women