BAH Cupid or not, Valentine’s Day is hot and becoming one of the top gift-giving holidays. No longer is Valentine’s Day just for your significant other. Friends, Romans, Countryman and Pets are now included in the VD Frenzy.
- 13,2 Billion Annual consumer spending on Valentine’s Day
- 53 percent of women would end a relationship if they didn’t get something on Valentine’s Day.
- 50% of consumers say they will be giving candy (2016), with sales expected to reach $1.7 billion.
- $27.79 is spend on other family members like their children and parents for Valentine’s Day
- $681 million are spent on treats and toys for pets on Valentine’s Day.
- $403 million in revenue generated from domestically cut flowers in the U.S.
- $2.2 billion in revenue comes from jewelry stores
Whether you have a sweetheart or not, almost everyone has a special someone to give the Gift of Love or Sight for that matter.
- US Government Census
- National Retail Federation
- Accessories Magazine Valentine’s Day Shopping Infographic.