National Oreo Day would normally have been my favorite it is Ok to scarf down a box of Oreos Dunked in Milk Day. But alas, I am boycotting Nabisco products (They support Monsanto) That said, if I had to only pick one cookie to live on, it would be Oreos and who doesn’t love Oreo Cookies?
March 6 is the Birth of the Oreo Cookie back in 1912 and guess.. they are knockoff. Hydrox was created first in 1908. Just goes to show you.. the power of branding and marketing.
- Oreos are the best selling Cookies in the world and can be found in 100 countries.
- Oreos may be as additive as Cocaine according to a study down in 2013. “These findings suggest that high fat/sugar foods and drugs of abuse trigger brain addictive processes to the same degree and lend support to the hypothesis that maladaptive eating behaviors contributing to obesity can be compared to drug addiction,” (Time)
- Over 45) Billion Oreos have been sold.
- 50% of Oreo Cookie eaters pull them apart to eat.
- 1997: Oreo becomes kosher by removing the lard.
- Oreos are Vegan, yes.. there is NO dairy products in the creme…. who knows what chemicals you are ingesting .
- New York is the originator of the Oreo Cookie, as they were first made in a NY bakery. They sold for 30 cents per pound in what is now Chelsea Market.