Several years ago we wrote about Doggles, sunglasses for Dogs and believe it or not, there are optical professionals selling Dog Sunglasses in their office. When this story came across our google alerts, we thought we should remind you Summer is coming up and sunglasses for dogs could be a nice little accessory sale.
Optician sells sunglasses for dogs FemaleFirst.co.uk The Doggles products – which are being sold at Sehwerk Opticians in Berlin – offer UV protection for pooches who enjoy having fun in the sun, and the specs can also help to protect canines from the wind. Doggles are described as being ”snug fitting” ..
Doggles: German optician sells wacky sunglasses for dogs (UK) A German optician has started selling sunglasses for dogs following a huge increase in the popularity of Doggles – a new product which offers UV protection for your canine. German residents would be forgiven for thinking they need their eyes tested …
A German optician has started selling sunglasses for dogs following a huge increase in the popularity of Doggles – a new product which offers (Cambodia)www.thecambodiaherald.com/off_beat/detail?token…
Optician Sells Wacky Sunglasses For Dogs – UniqueDaily.com uniquedaily.com/2012/03/optician-sells-wacky-sunglasses-for-dogs/ Mar 21, 2012 – “A German optician has started selling sunglasses for dogs following a huge increase in the popularity of Doggles – a new product which offers ..
Is Doggie Sunglasses a viable market? According to the American Pet Products:
- Approximately 78.2 million owned dogs in the United States
- 39% of U.S. households own at least one dog
- Most owners (60 %) own one dog
- 28%of owners own two dogs
- 12% of owners own three or more dogs
- On average, owners have almost two dogs (1.69 percent)
- 21%of owned dogs were adopted from an animal shelter
- On average, dog owners spent $248 on veterinary visits (vaccine, well visits) annually
Looking at how other optical professionals are marketing Doggie Sunglasses: (Google search optometrist + doggles) 18,600 results (good for search, not too much competition)
- Ocean Optics: Delray is a dog-friendly community, and at Ocean Optics, we care about your dog, too. Doggles is our line of doggie sunglasses! Protect your pet’s eyes from harmful UV rays, which can lead to cataracts and decreased vision. These glasses block 100% UV and are comfortable and stylish. Bring your dog into the optical and we will be happy to fit them with the right size and color. Your pet will love them! If your dog has a pair of Doggles that you’ve purchased from us, send us his or her photo wearing them. We’ll feature your pet on our website!
- From Vue Olympia,-Molly, a fun-loving Australian shepherd, is ready for her drive around town knowing style and safety come first. She is sporting her very own red Doggles her owner, artist Lynn Guenard, purchased for her at VUE. We have a variety of sizes and colors of Doggles to fit the pooches you love. Doggles stay on securely so your dog is always prepared to enjoy whatever activities and adventures come along.
Advantages of selling Doggles:
- Non managed care
- Shows you are pet-Friendly
- Good to show pet pics on Facebook and website
- Customer Engagement
- Great gift item, impulse sale
- Good promotion: Have a Doggone Good Summer!
My question- Are you an animal lover? Do you have sunglasses for your pets?
- Optical Inventory Management- Inventory Turns
- Optical Frame Pricing – OVS Readers’ Comments
- How Do Eyecare Professionals Groupon?
- Online Eyewear Myths Debunked
- Inventory Management Step 7: Increasing Average Transactions