The US Government is starting to release the 2010 Census Results. I think you might be surprised at how your particular demographics have changed. It would be a good idea to log on and check out your ‘Hood”
In fact the US Census Bureau has a whole section on how to use Economic Census Data. For other useful tools just google US Census and all sorts of info comes up. This is your taxpaying dollars at work, so you may as well use it.
Additional Data: To access data from multiple geographies within the state, such as census blocks, tracts, voting districts, cities, counties and school districts, visit American Factfinder: http://factfinder2.census.gov.
Just For Fun: Census Trivia
- One of the earliest census reports was made in Babylonia in 3800 B.C. Revenues there were dependent upon the proper determination of who should pay taxes
- During the rule of Ramses II (1292-1225 B.C.), complete registration of heads of households and their families took place in order to divide the land for cultivation, to tax, and to provide manpower for public works projects
- In England, William the Conqueror began that country’s exposure to the census with the Domesday Book, which was compiled in 1085-1086. Every landowner was called in to a hearing to answer, under oath, a long series of questions to identify his holdings.
- The 1st U.S. Census, that of 1790, was undertaken for the same general purpose: to provide guidelines whereby the Government could meet the specific needs of the community.
- How much Taking a Census Costs
- The Vision Council Report- Fashion v.s Function In Eyewear
- Top Tools For Making Incredible Infographics
- My Mother- The Loyal Optical Patient
- Daily Deals…. Worth Your While?
- Excellent Article: Falling Prey To The “Blockbuster Syndrome”