Happy Cinco De Mayo coming up May 5th! Wouldn’t this be a great thing to offer in your office to celebrate Cinco De Mayo?
In celebration, why not dress in colorful clothes, add a few Mexican touches, bring in a bunch of tacos and salsa, put up a real pinata, fill it with goodies (Yummy – homemade salsa)
Be sure to put it on Facebook, you are celebrating Cinco De Mayo (but hold the tequila!)
Cinco De Mayo Trivia
- The largest Cinco de Mayo event in the world is held in Los Angeles, California, over 600,000 people celebrate with music and food. The event is called Festival de Fiesta Broadway
- Chihuahuas, and not humans, are the highlight of the annual Cinco de Mayo festival in Chandler, Arizona. Witnesses Chihuahua parades, races and pageants and ends with the crowning of a King and Queen from among the Chihuahuas.
- Cinco de Mayo is the largest tequila consumption day in the U.S
In case you want to make these Pinata Cinco De Mayo Cookies and feed them to your patients, here is the recipe and how to make at She Knows
These multi-striped, burro piñata sugar cookies come complete with hollow centers that you can fill with a secret stash of your favorite candies. Break open or bite into these festive treats and be greeted with a sugary surprise. Olé!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Mini M&M candies
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (frosting)
- 2 teaspoons milk (frosting)