Many years ago, I sat in a sales meeting listening to QVC. The point of that long hour was listening to learn how to sell. 25 years of selling and I have to listen to QVC! It was probably one of the most valuable selling classes I have ever taken. Why- because being human, I get tired, my mind is on other things, I’m jaded and sometimes I just didn’t care about selling anything. Now, even today (15 years later) I go online and watch how people sell.
I would bet you, that sometimes, you just say, yeah- those look good- and you end up selling a $125.oo pair of glasses, no accessories and no add-ons.
If you watch this video- take note of how much they romance and describe the sunglasses, even down to the eyeglass case. Watch how they handle the sunglasses, like it is a precious piece of jewelry- I really like the part, where they lay the sunglasses down in the case and spotlight it. All for $19.00. Ask yourself how you handle eyewear that is $300.00?
Some points to look at:
- They tied in sunglasses to accessories
- They described and used verbiage that made the product exciting
- They introduced trends, fashion and celebrities.
- Introduction of history and health showing they knew something about the product.
- Described colors and the look
- Spoke about who could wear the product- goes on every face, a little ‘rebel’, versatility.
- Romanced the add on sale- the case.
- Brought up buying as a gift (2nd pair sales)
- Spoke about comfort
- Spoke about the Health issues (UV protection)
- Exhibited excitement about the product.
Now, think about the consumer- why wouldn’t they buy this pair of sunglasses from HSN, rather from you. Next time you have a patient or customer in front of you, think about how HSN would sell the product.