Lots and Lots of updates on wearable technology in the eyewear sector. Google Glass Apps and Updates are all going viral. The biggest news of course is
Luxottica and Google working together, but really, we all knew that was going to happen.
- Study Finds One In Six People Already Own A Piece Of Wearable Tech Ubergizmo Wearable tech is poised to become the next big thing and many big name players in the industry are already preparing themselves for the onslaught of
- Nielsen: 70% of US consumers have heard of wearables, but might not bite because of price FierceWireless Wearable computing is still a nascent industry, although Google … of wear
- Research and Markets: Concise Analysis of the US Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality Market … Fort Mills Times Another booming segment in US AR space are AR smart glasses, which were … United States Augmented Reality Smart Glasses Market Outlook. 7.
- Optinvent Ora smartglasses put Android on your face for €699 Pocket-lint.com The Optinvent Ora smartglasses offer a full Android 4.2 platform that you can wear and are now available for pre-order at €699, shipping in May.
- Korean Research Team to Develop Smart Glasses Superior to Google Glass BusinessKorea Venture businesses, national research centers, and universities in Korea are making an effort to develop their own smart glasses. The wearable …
- Oakley is building the ultimate smart sports glasses, here’s how they’re doing it Stuff Middle East Oakley is building the ultimate smart sports glasses, here’s how they’re … We were doing this back in 2004 (with Thump, the MP3 player glasses).
- Nokia eyes wearables after patenting gaze and hand tracking glasses WinBeta Wearable technology is likely to be the next big thing and Nokia has sure hinted in the past that the company was interested in venturing into this field.
- Smart glasses that let you drift off in boring meetings Telegraph.co.uk He has created a pair of glasses that use two organic LED screens to display animated eyes that blink and even follow the movements of other people …
- WeON glasses controls your smartphone, tablet and computer with optic lenses Designboom the glasses produced by ION eyewear also incorporate two buttons that make it possible to operate the smartphone or tablet remotely and thus take …
- Google plans to open its first retail location in the United States in New York City’s SoHo neighborhood, situated just around the corner from an Apple store, a new report suggests. According toCrain’s New York, Google will open an 8,000-square-foot retail location at 131 Greene St. If the reports are true, the store would also be across the street from eyewear company Warby Parker, which at one point was rumored to be helping design frames for Google Glass.
- Google Glass offers vision of wearable tech in healthcare ModernHealthcare.com Google’s new wearable mobile technology, Google Glass, is making its first inroads into healthcare settings, signaling what could be the dawning of a …
- Google Glass leads video-game makers to test wearable market Chicago Daily Herald Wearable technologies including Google Glass, Oculus Rift headsets, … “These new devices demand a different type of design and technology,” said ..
- Google hopes to debunk 10 Glass myths SFGate (blog) Google hopes to debunk 10 Glass myths … placed in soda will dissolve in 24 hours” — before tackling 10 inaccurate beliefs about its smart glasses.
- Google Glass-based system could boost user security at ATMs While many of us worry about the ways in which Google Glass could be used to infringe on peoples’ privacy, scientists in Germany have instead developed a process in which the high-tech eyewear could be used to keep shady characters from obtaining your PIN while you used an automated teller. read more
- Google Glass works together with Ray-Ban. The manufacturer of Ray-Ban sunglasses, Luxottica, has partnered with Google to design new Google Glass glasses and distribute. In a statement said Luxottica that the two together ‘innovative portable devices “will make for the Google Glass brand. The major brands Ray-Ban and Oakley would be part of the deal. Google Glass is a glasses, issued by Google, with the capabilities of a mobile phone.
- Augmedix gets $3.2 million to bring Google Glass to doctors | mobihealthnews San Francisco-based Augmedix, which has developed a Google Glass clinical documentation offering for physicians raise…
- “Google Stores” set to invade Three’s stores… TelecomsTech … prescription lenses available – but the consumer will need to physically attend some form of fitting station in the same respect as an optician today.
Google Contact Lens
- Google Patent Application Shows Multi-Sensor Contact Lenses For Wearable Device Input Via Blinks Android Police The technology to track eyes and blinks already exists, but it’s been focused almost exclusively on external cameras. The patent application describes …